SAUBHAGYA- Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana
The Hon'ble Prime Minister launched Saubhagya scheme on 25th September 2017 to achieve universal household electrification covering every village and every district in the country. Universal household electrification requires creation of electricity access through last mile connectivity. Scheme outlay is 16,320 crore including Gross Budgetary Support of 12,320 crore.
6.1 Scope of the Scheme :
- Providing last mile connectivity and electricity connections to all un-electrified households in rural areas.
- Providing Solar Photo Voltaic (SPV) based standalone system for an-electrified households located in remote and inaccessible villages/habitations, where grid extension is not feasible or cost effective.
- Providing last mile connectivity and electricity connections to all remaining economically poor un-electrified households in urban area. Non-poor urban households are excluded of this scheme.
6.2 Salient Features:
- The prospective beneficiary households for free connection would be identified using Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) 2011 data. Households not found eligible as per SECC data, would also be provided electricity connections on payment of Rs 500 recoverable in 10 instalments through electricity bills.
- All DISCOMs including Private Sector DISCOMs, State Power Departments and RE Cooperative Societies are eligible for financial assistance.
- REC Limited (REC), is the Nodal Agency for operationalization of scheme.
- Dedicated web portal for SAUBHAGYA has been developed to capture the information and progress of household electrification.
6.3 Physical Progress:
Under the Guidance of the Ministry of Power and with active support and cooperation of States/Power Utilities and other stakeholders, 2.86 crore households have been provided electricity connections since the launch of SAUBHAGYA. States have reported that all willing households identified under SAUBHAGYA have been electrified.
For more information on the scheme, go to www.saubhagya.gov.in