Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
The Hon’ble President of India sanctioned the launch/implementation of DeenDayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY), an integrated scheme covering all aspects of rural power distribution which was conveyed by the Ministry of Power on December 3, 2014. Under the scheme, 60% of the project cost (85% for special States) is provided as grant by Government of India and additional grant up to 15% (5% for Special Category States) is provided by Government of lndia on achievement of prescribed milestones. All erstwhile RE schemes (including Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana) have been subsumed into DDUGJY. REC Limited was designated as the Nodal Agency for operationalization of DDUGJY.
The main objectives of the scheme are-
1) To provide separation of agriculture and non-agriculture feeders facilitating judicious rostering of supply to agriculture and non-agriculture consumers in the rural area, and
2) Strengthening and augmentation of sub-transmission & distribution (ST&D) infrastructures in rural area, including metering at distribution transformers, feeders and consumers end.
The scheme also covers electricity access to all rural households and reduction of AT&C losses as per trajectory (Discom-wise) finalized in consultation with States by the Ministry of Power, so as to facilitate to 24x7 power supply for non-agricultural consumers and adequate power supply for agricultural consumers through following project components:
- Segregation of agricultural feeder from the combined/common 11 KV feeders in rural areas facilitating improved quality power supply to non-agricultural consumers and adequate power supply to agricultural consumers through the dedicated agricultural feeders in the rural areas
- Strengthening and augmentation of sub-transmission & distribution infrastructure in rural areas
- Metering of distribution transformers/feeders/consumers; and
- Rural electrification works under the erstwhile RGGVY scheme which have been subsumed into DDUGJY
In DDUGJY, the earlier population criteria for eligibility of villages/hamlets have been annulled and all villages/ habitations are eligible without any population restrictions.
In order to realize the objectives of the scheme, participation of all the stakeholders, particularly public representatives have been institutionalized through constitution of District Electricity Committees (now DISHA) under the Chairmanship of the senior most Member of Parliament. DISHA has also been empowered to monitor and review the implementation of DDUGJY.
Achievements under DDUGJY RE:
Under erstwhile Rural Electrification (RE) programme, as on 31.12.2021, cumulatively 1,365 nos. of Projects with total outlay of Rs. 66,380 crore has been sanctioned against which GoI grant of Rs. 53,414 crore has been released to the States. The physical progress is as below:
- 2,993 Sub-stations (Incl. augmentation of 2,101 Sub-Stations) commissioned
- 10.14 Lakh Distribution Transformers commissioned
- 7.83 Lakh CKm of LT Lines erected
- 4.73 Lakh CKm 11KV Lines erected
- 0.15 Lakh Ckm 33 & 66 KV HT Lines erected
Achievements under DDUGJY New:
As on 31.12.2021, 4,404 Projects with total outlay of Rs. 47972 crore with following components have been sanctioned against which GoI grant of Rs. 22,755 crore has been released to the States: The physical progress is as below:
- 3,958 Sub-stations (including augmentation of 2,093 Sub-stations) commissioned
- 3.95 Lakh Distribution Transformers commissioned
- 1.23 Lakh CKms of new 11 KV line erected
- 2.96 Lakh CKms of LT Lines erected
- 0.28 Lakh CKms of HT Lines (33 & 66 KV Lines) erected
- 1.22 Lakh CKms of 11 KV Feeders segregated
- Energy Meters in 153.80 Lakh consumer premises, 2.53 Lakh Distribution Transformers & 0.13 Lakh 11 KV Feeders installed
Achievement under DDUGJY Addl. Infra
An amount of Rs.14,179 crore has been sanctioned to 20 States for creation of additional infrastructure exclusively for Households covered under Saubhagya on the requests of State. As on 31.12.2021, cumulatively Gol Grant of Rs. 7165.52 crore has been released to the States. The physical progress is as below:
- 228 Sub-stations (including augmentation of 220 Sub-stations) commissioned
- 2.19 Lakh Distribution Transformers commissioned
- 0.66 Lakh CKms of new 11 KV line erected
- 1.96 Lakh CKms of LT Lines erected
For more information on the scheme, go to www.ddugjy.gov.in(4 KB) PDF.