How to File a Complaint- Vigilance
- Complaints can be lodged with the Commission by addressing a written communication/letter directly to:
Central Vigilance Commission,
Satarkta Bhawan, GPO Complex,
Block-A, INA, New Delhi- 110023.
- Complaints can also be lodged online on Commission’s portal www.portal.cvc.gov.in or through the Commission’s website www.cvc.gov.in(4 KB) PDF under the link “Lodge Complaint” which is available on home page.
- Complaints can also be lodged by addressing the written communication (letter or email), directly to the CMD or CVO. Complaints sent through written communication should be signed and contain complete details of the complainant.
All complaints received are processed after confirming the authenticity of the complainant and further action is taken as per
the laid down procedure. As per the guidelines of CVC, no action is taken on the anonymous / pseudonymous(329 KB) PDF complaints.
Guidelines for Lodging Complaint:
- Complaint should be specific with relevant details like place and date etc.
- Correct name, address, telephone/mobile no., and valid supporting documents are mandatory for processing the complaint.
- No correspondence shall be entertained on the subject after lodging the complaint.
- In case it is found that complaint was false and harassment of officials has been caused, action may be taken against the complainant.
- The complaint having vigilance angle shall only be examined such as misuse of official position, demand and acceptance of illegal gratification, cases of misappropriation / forgery or cheating, gross and wilful negligence, blatant violation of laid down systems and procedures, reckless exercise of discretion, delay in processing of cases, etc.